Effective date: February 22, 2022
Welcome to www.meritechcapital.com (the “Site”), owned and operated by Meritech Sub-Management Corporation (“Meritech,” “we,” or “us”). By using this Site, you agree to these terms and conditions of use (the “Terms”); if you do not agree, you may not use the Site. Meritech may modify the Site and/or these Terms from time to time without notice to you, except that if Meritech makes material changes to these Terms, we will post the revised Terms and the revised effective date on this Site and/or provide notice by some other means. By using the Site following any modifications to the Terms, you agree to be bound by the modified Terms.
1. Use of the Site. You must be at least 18 years old to use our Site. You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Site. You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site or Meritech’s systems or network security, including, without limitation by (i) accessing data not intended for users of the Site or gaining unauthorized access to an account, server or any other computer system; (ii) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures; (iii) attempting to interfere with the function of the Site, host or network. You may not “crawl,” “scrape,” or “spider” any portion of the Site (through use of manual or automated means).
2. Information Not Confidential; Not an Offer to Invest. If you choose to contact any Meritech personnel or employees using the contact information you find on the Site, you understand that any information and/or materials you provide to such personnel or employees will not be treated as confidential or proprietary. Meritech undertakes no obligation to review information submitted by you, or to return such information to you. Meritech may receive information that is similar to information you submit, or may have already received information containing ideas and plans that are the same as or similar to ideas and plans contained in information you submit to Meritech. Nothing you submit to Meritech will cause it or its affiliated funds to be limited or restricted from the pursuit of any opportunities, either alone or with third parties. Your use of the Site or communication with any Meritech personnel or employees is not an indication that Meritech or its affiliated funds will invest in any business you are associated with, nor is it an invitation to invest in any Meritech entity or affiliated fund. You understand that Meritech is not in any way obligated to invest, offer the opportunity to invest, or to consider an investment or opportunity to invest.
3. Meritech Proprietary Rights. The Site, including all of its contents (including text, images, audio, and the HTML used to generate the pages) (“Content”), are the property of Meritech or that of our suppliers or licensors and are protected by trademark, copyright, and/or other intellectual property laws. You may not download, copy, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, modify, prepare derivative works from, license, transmit, or distribute any Content from this Site, in whole or in part, for any public or commercial purpose without prior written consent from Meritech. Meritech grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Site, and to use the Content, solely for personal, internal and non-commercial purposes. Meritech (on behalf of itself and its suppliers and licensors) reserves all rights not expressly granted herein. Without limiting the foregoing, as between you and Meritech (or other companies whose marks appear on the Site), Meritech (or the respective company) is the owner and/or authorized user of any trademark, registered trademark, logo, and/or service mark appearing on the Site (the “Marks”). Nothing on the Site should be construed to grant any license or right to use any Marks. You may not use or exploit any Marks without prior written consent from Meritech.
5. Links from and to the Site. The Site may contain links to third party websites (“Third Party Sites”). Third Party Sites are not reviewed, controlled or examined by Meritech in any way and Meritech is not responsible for any content contained therein these links do not imply Meritech’s endorsement of or association with any Third Party Site. Meritech is not liable, directly or indirectly, to anyone for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with use of the Third Party Sites.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT AND FUNCTIONALITY THEREOF, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND MERITECH (ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS) HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NO ADVICE, RESULTS, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. NO CONTENT CAN OR SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING BUSINESS, INVESTMENT, ACCOUNTING, TAX, AND/OR LEGAL ADVICE, AND/OR INFORMATION PROVIDED AND/OR COMMUNICATED THROUGH MERITECH’S “INSIGHTS”).
7. Limitation of Liability. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL MERITECH, ITS AFFILIATES (INCLUDING AFFILIATED FUNDS) OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS (THE “MERITECH PARTIES”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ANY MERITECH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF ANY MERITECH PARTY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE TERMS, THE CONTENT, AND/OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, $100.00.
8. Indemnification. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Meritech, our affiliates and each of our and their respective employees, contractors, directors, officers, suppliers and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the Content (including information provided and/or communicated through Meritech’s “Insights”), violation of these Terms of Service, or infringement by you, or any third party accessing the Site on your behalf, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
9. General Information.These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. In the event of any dispute arising in connection with these Terms, you hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of Santa Clara County, California. The failure of Meritech to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated, to the minimum extent necessary, so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. You may not assign these Terms or transfer any of your rights or obligations hereunder without Meritech’s express written consent. These Terms inure to the benefit of Meritech’s successors, assigns and licensees. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and Meritech with respect to the subject matter herein.
MERITECH CAPITAL PARTNERS
Effective date: March 11, 2022.
Use of the term “Personal Data” herein means any information that identifies or relates to a particular individual and also includes information referred to as “personally identifiable information” or “personal information” under applicable data privacy laws, rules or regulations.
2. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT.
This section details the categories of Personal Data that we collect and have collected over the past 12 months and that we share with service providers, business partners, and parties you authorize, access or authenticate:
Profile or Contact Data
Type of device/operating system/browser used to access the Site
Web page interactions
Referring webpage/source through which you accessed the Site
Non-identifiable request IDs
Statistics associated with the interaction between device or browser and the Site
Other Identifying Information that You Voluntarily Choose to Provide
Identifying information in emails or letters you send us
Categories of Sources of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data about you from the following categories of sources:
When you provide such information directly to us.
When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Site or through responses to surveys or questionnaires.
When you send us an email or otherwise contact us.
When you use the Site and such information is collected automatically.
Through Cookies (defined in the “Tracking Tools and Opt-Out” section below).
From Third Parties
We may use analytics providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Site, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
Providing, Customizing and Improving the Site
Providing you with the products, services or information you request.
Meeting or fulfilling the reason you provided the information to us.
Providing support and assistance for the Site.
Improving the Site, including testing, research, internal analytics and product development.
Personalizing the Site, website content and communications based on your preferences.
Doing fraud protection, security and debugging.
Carrying out other business purposes stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
Corresponding with You
Responding to correspondence that we receive from you, contacting you when necessary or requested, and sending you information about us or the Site.
Sending emails and other communications according to your preferences or that display content that we think will interest you.
Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms
Fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
Protecting the rights, property or safety of you, us or another party.
Enforcing any agreements with you.
Responding to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
3. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA.
We disclose your Personal Data to the categories of service providers and other parties listed in this section. Depending on state laws that may be applicable to you, some of these disclosures may constitute a “sale” of your Personal Data. For more information, please refer to the state-specific sections below.
Service Providers. These parties help us provide our services or perform business functions on our behalf. They include:
Hosting, technology and communication providers.
Security and fraud prevention consultants.
Business Partners. These parties partner with us in offering various services. They include:
Businesses that you have a relationship with, including our investment fund affiliates.
Parties You Authorize, Access or Authenticate
Third parties you access through the services.
We may share any Personal Data that we collect with third parties in conjunction with any of the activities set forth under “Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms” in the “Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data” section above.
All of your Personal Data that we collect may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
Data That Is Not Personal Data
We may create aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data from the Personal Data we collect, including by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to a particular user. We may use such aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze, build and improve the Site and the services we provide, and to promote our business, provided that we will not share such data in a manner that could identify you.
4. TRACKING TOOLS AND OPT OUT.
We use the following types of Cookies:
Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Site. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Site, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Site. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Performance/Analytical Cookies. Performance/Analytical Cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Site such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Site, what pages visitors view on our Site and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Site. Performance/Analytical Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the Site’s content for those who engage with our advertising.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your device. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our website and some of the Site and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
5. SECURITY AND RETENTION.
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, and administrative security measures and storage and processing practices based on the type of Personal Data. For example, the Site uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of Personal Data you provide to us. We retain Personal Data about you for as long as necessary to provide our Site and/or services to you, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.
Although we work to protect the security of your account and other data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data or storing data over the Internet is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of any data you share with us, and except as expressly required by law, we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content.
6. PERSONAL DATA OF MINORS.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data about children under 18 years of age, except with parental consent. If we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the 16 years of age without parental consent, we will delete such information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 years of age may have provided Personal Data to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. PRIVACY RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months, including the:
Categories of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
Specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
Categories of sources from which that Personal Data was collected.
Business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Data.
Categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data.
Categories of Personal Data shared with third parties for a business purpose over the past 12 months, if applicable.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected about you, subject to certain exceptions under the CCPA: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Site or services or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are either the person about whom we have collected Personal Data or are an agent authorized by that person, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify your identity and complete your request. You may submit a Valid Request by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may also authorize an agent (an “Authorized Agent”) to exercise your rights on your behalf. To do this, you must provide your Authorized Agent with written permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, and we may request a copy of this written permission from your Authorized Agent when they make a request on your behalf.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Data
We will not “sell” your Personal Data, as that term is defined in the CCPA, and have not done so over the last 12 months. We also do not sell the Personal Data of minors under 18 years of age.
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA
We will not deny you access to our Site or provide you a lower quality of services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. If you have any questions about this section or whether any of the above rights apply to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. PRIVACY RIGHTS OF OTHER UNITED STATES RESIDENTS.
California Resident Rights
California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes, under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84. If you would like to submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. If you are a Nevada Resident, you can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Data as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
9. PRIVACY RIGHTS OF EEA AND UK RESIDENTS.
The Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) by us and through our service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. If you are a resident of the EEA or UK, you may have additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 2018, and the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (collectively, the “GDPR”), as applicable, with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below. By using the Site, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to us in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize us to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S.
For this section, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. We will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with your use of the Site.
Personal Data Collection, Use and Disclosure
Legal Basis for Processing
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we have a legitimate interest that is not outweighed by your privacy rights:
Other Identifying Information You Choose to Provide
We may also de-identify or anonymize Personal Data to further our legitimate interests.
Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
EU Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below.
Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data.
Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law. In those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION.